Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thesis Defense

My thesis defense has been scheduled for Wednesday (Nov. 19). I was incorrect in that I am not defending the new draft of my thesis, but rather the draft I sent my committee. I also have to defend coursework I took with these men. For the three men on my committee that means I have to answer questions on General Historiography, American Historiography, and the American South. All of those were fun classes, but I did take them a while ago.
I am nervous, but anxious to be done with this phase of my life. It doesn't mean anything immediately (compensation-wise) nor am I looking to immediately begin working towards a doctorate, but it represents a lot of time and energy on my part and it is exciting to see it coming to a close.
By the end of the day on Wednesday, I should know whether I get to put M.A. on my stuff or not.
Until then, I am reading stuff they have told me they want me thinking about and working on the revisions for my thesis.

No comments: