Saturday, July 26, 2008

New Van Til books

There are two new books by the man behind presuppositional apologetics coming out. No, this isn't some Protestant reincarnation at work. Rather, two of Cornelius Van Til's most important books have been re-edited and annotated by the folks at P&R. The editions being retrofitted for our weak minds are the Defense of the Faith and the Introduction to Systematic Theology. I found out about them through the Ref21 blog, like I often do. You can also take a look at the table of contents and a sample chapter of the Defense of the Faith here at P&R.
I already have the complete corpus of Van Til through Libronix, but will probably try to get my hands on the new Defense of the Faith to read through and see how the annotations assist me in understanding Van Til's thought.
In my opinion, having not seen these new volumes, the best aid to understanding Van Til is still Dr. Greg Bahsen's last book, Van Til's Apologtic, available here from Amazon. Bahnsen understood Van Til very well and was very adept at putting Van Til's difficult concepts into words even idiots like me can understand.
I can't wait to see how the new volumes fare against Bahnsen's approach.

No comments: