Saturday, January 21, 2012

Failed attempt

Well, my first attempt at Root beer failed. Something must have gone wrong with my ginger bug, because when I went to stir the mix yesterday, there was mold growing along the sides. So I poured it out. I will say though, that the fermentation was working. The puddle foamed up very nicely on the ground. :( I've ordered some water kefir grains as well, so I'll be beginning again pretty soon. I already started another ginger bug. I want to keep this moving until I get something worth my time.

Here are a few pictures from the initial attempt.


Here are the bottle my wife bought me for this project.


Here is my first ginger bug. It was doing great in this picture, but something went wrong along the way. I'll have to keep my eye on it this time.


Here we are stirring in the various roots and herbs that make up the concentrate for the ro
ot beer.











Here are better pictures of the pit we made the concentrate in and them whole mixture being stirred together.

No comments: