Friday, August 8, 2008

Going for the Gold, or the hat, or the paper, or something...

I just found out I am about 90 some-odd pages away from my M.A. in History. I thought I had a language requirement hanging over my head but I talked to the director of the Language department and they said I was clear. So now, with all my coursework done I just have to write my thesis.
I met with my advisor yesterday about this and we talked through the timetable. Unless I can graduate this semester (Fall 2008) I will have to wait until August 2009. But my advisor is going on a sabbatical beginning this Spring and will be gone until August 2009. To graduate this semester I have to have a draft of the thing on his desk in September (i.e. 30 days).
I'd like to be done. But I'm not sure I can do this whole thing in 30 days. I think I'm going to give it a try though.
So the saga of the M.A. for Mr. Sisk continues. Mr. Sisk, who is writing a masters thesis on Donald Davidson's attempt to counter modernity through Agrarianism, Distributism, and Regionalism. Donald Davidson who was hopelessly modern but hated modernity (which he identified with nothing more than industrialism).
I have typed a single page with "90 Pages" written on it and taped it above my monitor. That way I will remember for the next 30 days that I have nothing more important (in my spare time) than an essay of 90 pages on Modernism and the futile reaction of one little man from Vanderbilt University.
Follow the continuing saga here, if you wish. Maybe even support me if you can.

No comments: