Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Day!

There is nothing like a snow day. I don't remember getting one last year. I think we did, but it wasn't this pretty. It started last night and snowed until nearly midnight. Got some great pictures of the kids at play and the pretty scenery. I will confess I haven't done much today. Built a great fire. Tried to decide on my favorite snow poem for this post. Dickinson has some as does Robert Frost. Everyone knows "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", but none of them really captured what I was looking for. That made me sad. It made me realize that I know so little poetry. I read it in college. I enjoy teaching the poetry that I teach in my Humanities classes, but I know so little beyond that.
Maybe that's what I'll do with some of my day. Read some poetry. That would be fitting.
I hope you enjoy the snow as much as our family did.
Here are a few pictures.

No comments: